Thank you for participating in the Kaiser Permanente Research Bank.
I’m pleased to let you know that Kaiser Permanente has endorsed and invested in the new 5-year strategy for the Research Bank. The Research Bank enables researchers and clinicians to understand which types of treatments and prevention strategies work in different people (also known as precision medicine). This work will support our commitment to improve health for Kaiser Permanente members and communities.
We’d like to share with you what we plan to do next:
- Create genetic data for research from the samples you donated to the KP Research Bank: Scientists conducting approved research will have access to the genetic information in donated blood and saliva samples.
- Focus on using genomics to improve health: For example, scientists can learn more about how people’s genetic make-up may affect how well medications work for different people with the same health conditions.
What’s new at the KP Research Bank? In this newsletter, you can read about:
- Recently approved research projects being conducted by Kaiser Permanente scientists
- Using KP Research Bank data to understand the impact of COVID-19
- Cancer survivorship at Kaiser Permanente
Thank you again for being a part of the KP Research Bank. Be well and stay safe.
Elizabeth A. McGlynn, PhD
Kaiser Permanente Research